Thursday, October 1, 2009

When do they start primary school in UK this year? (I'm talking about Catholic primary schools)


When do they start primary school in UK this year? (I'm talking about Catholic primary schools)?
I thought everyone will start on the 3rd Sept but I read somewhere online recently that Catholic schools may have different start dates? How true is that? I tried contacting my daughter's school these days but no one answers - I think because everyone's off on their summer 6 week holidays. Does your child attend a Catholic primary school in UK and will he/she be starting on 3rd Sept?? My eldest daughter is starting reception this year in a Catholic primary school.
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most schools in England go back on 3rd September but it's possible that there are local variations or that a school might have decided to use 3rd September for staff training. Why not contact your local Child Services and see if they have any information about the particular school you want to know about.
2 :
my sister is a st johns and thereas'a primary catholic school and she goes back on the 3rd of septemeber for half a day as shes in reception , to go around and look around with parents ,,meet teachers and kids ,get settled in really , then the 4th is there 1st full day, we are in england , the west midlands



Read more discussion :